Custom software engineering is in our company’s DNA. Whether it is designing and building custom software from the ground up, finding and fixing extant problems in existing systems, or providing technical oversight on third-party high-tech projects, Innovation Science has the experience and expertise to assist.
We apply evolvable engineering concepts to all our custom software projects to deliver cost-effective solutions that will grow with our customers’ requirements.
The flexibility to customise our processes on a project-by-project basis allows us to meet stringent requirements such as those of the FDA (e.g. ANSI/IEC 62304) when needed, but to not burden small commercial projects with the expense of extreme formal rigour when budgets and safety needs are less substantial. For projects that do not warrant a full ISO 12207 approach, we employ lean software engineering processes that still ensure a high quality solution. Statistics gathered for projects that used our cost-effective prototype engineering option show that, even without the extreme formal rigour required by ISO 12007, our custom prototype software developed to date has an error rate of less than 0.06%. Key areas of software engineering expertise include:
- Custom application development
- Rapid prototyping
- Software architecture development & analysis
- Systems of systems engineering (SoSE) & assessment
- Graphical user interfaces
- Peripheral hardware interfaces (sensors, etc.)
- Algorithm implementation and refinement
- Requirements gathering & analysis
- Testing and evaluation of existing (third-party) software
- Re-engineering to meet ISO standards
- Commercialisation of prototype software
- Evolvable and open systems design
- Interoperability, Evolvability and Open Systems assessments
Whether your solution requires development in Kotlin, Java, C++, C, C#, Matlab, Visual Basic, ASP, PHP, SQL, or perhaps something more exotic, we will apply experienced specialists to ensure the best outcome for each engineering task.